Based in Brooklyn, NY
Press / Business contact:
195 Plymouth St, STE 2-11
Brooklyn, NY, 11201
(917) 727 8799
We're a video game studio. We make fun, personal games with our small team.
snowhydra games began working on Zarvot in late 2014 as a team of one. In 2015, snowhydra brought Zarvot to MAGFest and was selected for the prestigious PAX 10 award. Zarvot was due for release on Wii U and Xbox One soon thereafter. However, scope started creeping in, and technical issues started appearing. snowhydra games started development on several other projects. This includes being the main tech direction on the modern simulation art piece Emissaries by Ian Cheng, and the main development effort partnering with Juncture Media on AVARIAvs, an ultrafast turn-based JRPG-style video game. Slowly but surely, Zarvot was burning by the wayside.After that
When snowhydra's other projects slightly slowed down, either by completion or by running out of money, snowhydra started working again on Zarvot. In 2016, Zarvot's Wii U and Xbox One versions were still in development, but nowhere near finished. snowhydra started on the story mode several times and transformed the game multiple times. After iteration and iteration, Zarvot morphed into a fully 3D game. The Nintendo Switch came out, and snowhydra started developing the Switch version of Zarvot.
Zarvot Story Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for snowhydra games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for snowhydra games. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Multiplayer Game" - MAGFest Indie Videogame Showcase, 2018
- "PAX 10 Winner" - PAX West, 2015
- "Official Selection" - The MIX @ EVO, 2018
- "Spotlight Nindie Showcase" - Nintendo Nindies at PAX West, 2018
- "Best Game Runner-up" - MAGFest Indie Videogame Showcase, 2018
- "It takes a lot for a new four-player battler to get our attention, but this one has some serious secret sauce."
- Sam Machkovech, Ars Technica
- "This delightful, all-ages arcade shooter is both cute and competitive."
- Kelly Knox, Nerdist
- "Alongside the sharp-looking gameplay, this game’s tone has gotta be the exact definition of “delightful”."
- Moo Thundéros, YouTube Commentor
- "Zarvot was very unexpected. [...] It's a really really fun party versus game."
- Tom Marks, IGN
- "We had the most fun with Zarvot."
- Tom Fulp, The Behemoth
You can contact snowhydra games at snowhydra.com.